There are two ways to clear the cache for a particular URL from ImageKit. In this article we will talk about clearing the URL cache from your ImageKit dashboard. You can read about the Cache Clear API here.
Steps to clear cache
1. Go to your ImageKit Dashboard. Select "Clear Cache" from the main dashboard menu on the left.
2. Click on "New Request" button. It is there in the top-right corner of the screenshot above.
3. Enter the full URL for which you want to clear the cache. If you use image transformation parameters as query parameters in a URL or any other query parameter, add those query parameters as well in the URL to clear its cache. You can enter multiple image URLs in new lines in a single request. A maximum of 100 URLs can be submitted in a single request.
Note: You cannot submit a purge request url with * (wildcard). Please reach out to us you would like to purge cache for a pattern or whole account.
4. Click on "Submit". It takes a few minutes for the cache to clear. You would need to refresh the dashboard to get the updated cache clear status.
5. If the cache does not clear in time, please create a support ticket from your dashboard.
Note: Clearing cache from ImageKit's dashboard, removes any cache for that particular URL on the CDN and ImageKit's internal caches. However, the cache in the user's browser is not cleared by this method. Browser cache will get cleared when the object associated with that URL expires or is forcefully cleared from cache. It is thus best, to implement versioning in your static resource URLs to ensure instant updates for all your customers without having to clear your cache. You can read more about implementing versioning for your image URLs here.
Limits on Cache Clear
You can clear 1000 URL caches in a month from a single account (from both dashboard and the Purge API combined). After you reach this limit, cache clear requests will start getting blocked in your account. If you need more cache clear requests per month, please get in touch with us by creating a support ticket from your dashboard.
In case you have any questions, please create a support ticket from your dashboard or if you are on a paid plan, start a conversation by clicking on the chat icon in the bottom right.